In an effort to provide as much information in advance as possible, we have compiled the following list of a few Crested Butte local resources for transportation, dining, sporting gear purchases and rentals, concierge services, and media. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. There are many quality reliable resources in the area too numerous to list here. Please visit travelcrestedbutte.com if you are looking for additional resources not listed here.
About Crested Butte
- FlatIron Sports: Located in the Treasury Center at the Mt. Crested Butte Base Area.
- Black Tie Ski Rentals: Crested Butte’s first delivery ski and snowboard rental company. Offers service to come to your home and fit you with new equipment for the entire family, then deliver it when you need it!
- The Alpineer: Located in Crested Butte near the 4-way stop, The Alpineer can outfit you for any adventure and specializes in Nordic Skiing gear – purchases and rentals available.
- Dragonfly Anglers: Located on Elk Avenue in Crested Butte, this shop has all the gear you need to make your fly fishing adventure a success. They also offer guided fishing trips. While you are there, check out their variety of gifts and clothing for the outdoor adventurer.
- Big Al’s Bicycle Heaven: Rent road bikes, townies, and mountain bikes from Big Al’s. All rentals come with helmet, fix a flat kit, lock, and choice of pedals. Located on Elk Avenue in the heart of downtown.
- The Mountain Express: Serves Gunnison, Mt. Crested Butte and Crested Butte. FREE ! Check out their website for schedules and route information. Now servicing the Snodgrass area hourly!
- Alpine Express: With offices at Gunnison Regional Airport this service offers private and group transportation between the airport, Gunnison, Crested Butte and Mt. Crested Butte, including directly to or from your residence. Also offers transportation service from Denver International Airport.
- Crested Butte Shuttle Company: Offers private chauffeur ground transportation service.
- Gunnison/Crested Butte Regional Airport: If you are planning to fly into Gunnison you can find detailed information for direct and connecting flights on their web site.
Local Media Resources
- Crested Butte News & Chronicle: Published every Thursday, this is a great source for local event information.
- KBUT Radio: Unless you have satellite radio service, this is the ONLY radio station in Crested Butte. It has a loyal following among the locals, is a great information source, and plays a variety of music types. All the DJs are volunteers – check it out.
There are many excellent dining establishments in the Crested Butte area — here are just a few. For more dining choices, go to travelcrestedbutte.com.
- The Avalanche Bar & Grill: Located in the Mt. Crested Butte Base Area they offer a Bar & Grill variety on their menu. Great place to stop in for a quick lunch before you get back on the slopes or for après-ski cocktails. With a dozen flat-screen TVs playing your favorite sports, you won’t miss a hit, basket, goal or touchdown!
- django’s: django’s Restaurant & Wine Bar is a small plates restaurant on Elk Avenue, Crested Butte. With just 50 seats inside (and patio seating during summer), django’s is an intimate and romantic setting for special occasion – or a place to catch up with good friends. django’s opened in 2008 and is independently owned by local residents Kate & Chris Ladoulis.
- Donita’s Cantina: For thirty years, Donita’s Cantina has been serveing flavorful homemade Mexican food at affordable prices in a friendly, fun atmosphere. Kids are always welcome. Entrees include fajitas, enchiladas, chimichangas and gourmet nightly dinner specials. Donita’s also serves many varieties of fresh lime juice top-shelf MARGARITAS.
- Ryce Asian Bistro: Family-owned, casual, and hip dining right on Coal Creek! Choose from Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, and fusion selections from the menu. The great bar and staff make it a perfect place to have some fun while enjoying a delicious meal with family and friends.
- The Last Steep: Family-owned casual dining in the heart of downtown. Voted Best Burger and Best Bloody Mary several years in a row. Check out their Build Your Own Bloody bar on weekends.
- The Secret Stash: Voted Best Pizza and Wings since 2002, The Stash is a favorite among locals and visitors alike. Try their specialty pies like the Mac Daddy or Notorious F.I.G. for a new twist on pizza. Great for families!
- Supper at the Sunflower: Supper features the finest in local, organic, and artisan foods. Executive Chef Kalon Wall creates a new menu each day, utilizing whole local animals, based entirely on local foods. The Sunflower Deli also serves casual breakfast and lunch.
Other Resources you may find useful
- Clark’s Market: local grocery store. Located on Belleview and Gothic Road
- Mountain Earth Organic Grocer: 405 4th Street in downtown Crested Butte
- Crested Butte Catering: Event and wedding planning services, catering, private chef services
- CB Specialty Services: Crested Butte’s local concierge service ~ your 1-stop local source
- Trailhead Children’s Museum Great for all ages!