In an effort to provide as much information in advance as possible, we have compiled the following list of a few Crested Butte local resources for transportation, dining, sporting gear purchases and rentals, concierge services, and media. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. There are many quality reliable resources in the area too numerous to list here. Please visit travelcrestedbutte.com if you are looking for additional resources not listed here.
About Crested Butte
- Butte & Co.: Click link for 25% off coupon. They have a beautiful, new delivery van for this year and sweet fleet of rides.
- FlatIron Sports: Located in the Treasury Center at the Mt. Crested Butte Base Area.
- Black Tie Ski Rentals: Crested Butte’s first delivery ski and snowboard rental company. Offers service to come to your home and fit you with new equipment for the entire family, then deliver it when you need it!
- The Alpineer: Located in Crested Butte near the 4-way stop, The Alpineer can outfit you for any adventure and specializes in Nordic Skiing gear – purchases and rentals available.
- Dragonfly Anglers: Located on Elk Avenue in Crested Butte, this shop has all the gear you need to make your fly fishing adventure a success. They also offer guided fishing trips. While you are there, check out their variety of gifts and clothing for the outdoor adventurer.
- Big Al’s Bicycle Heaven: Rent road bikes, townies, and mountain bikes from Big Al’s. All rentals come with helmet, fix a flat kit, lock, and choice of pedals. Located on Elk Avenue in the heart of downtown.
- Crested Butte Angler: Professional guide services offering the highest quality experience for all levels of anglers. They also offer guided trips throughout the winter months for beginners to advanced anglers with all equipment included.
- The Mountain Express: FREE local shuttle linking Crested Butte, and Mt. Crested Butte. Check out their website for current schedules and route information. Different seasonal routes servicing most mountain condos, Snodgrass Trailhead and the Town of Gothic.
- Alpine Express: Private and group transportation from the Gunnison and Montrose airports directly to your residence in Gunnison, Crested Butte and Mt. Crested Butte. Also offers a limited, local taxi service, late-night shuttle, and transportation service from Denver International Airport.
- Dolly’s Crested Butte Mountain Shuttle: Offers private chauffeur ground transportation service.
- Gunnison/Crested Butte Regional Airport: If you are planning to fly into Gunnison you can find detailed information for direct and connecting flights on their web site.
Local Media Resources
- https://cbtv.tv/ : Television for the Gunnison Valley. Current weather and travel conditions, Outside TV features, movies and shorts.
- Crested Butte News & Chronicle: Published every Thursday, this is a great source for local event information.
- KBUT Radio: Community radio station serving Gunnison County. A variety of music played by local volunteer DJs. Local, national and international news and information through affiliation with National Public Radio, Pacifica and Public Radio International.
There are many excellent dining establishments in the Crested Butte area. Here are just a few. For more dining choices, go to travelcrestedbutte.com.
- The Last Steep: Family-owned casual dining in the heart of downtown. Voted Best Burger and Best Bloody Mary several years in a row. Check out their Build Your Own Bloody bar on weekends.
- Marchitelli’s Gourmet Noodle: Family-owned and operated Italian restaurant located just off Elk Avenue on 3rd St. Serving family recipes and mix and match pasta dishes.
- The Wooden Nickel: Crested Butte’s oldest saloon and steak-house offering a wide variety of U.S.D.A. Prime-graded steaks, seafood, lamb, pork, lobster, crab, salads, and sandwiches, as well as their famous prime rib. Both bar and building date to the early mining era of the Rocky Mountains.
- Ryce Asian Bistro: Family-owned, casual, and hip dining right on Coal Creek! Choose from Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, and fusion selections from the menu. The great bar and staff make it a perfect place to have some fun while enjoying a delicious meal with family and friends.
- The Secret Stash: Voted Best Pizza and Wings since 2002, The Stash is a favorite among locals and visitors alike. Try their specialty pies like the Mac Daddy or Notorious F.I.G. for a new twist on pizza. Great for families!
- The Slogar: Family-style dining in an 1882 tavern. Set dining menu featuring skillet fried chicken, the Slogar specialty. Steak filet also available by request.
- Soupçon: Bistro serving a blended cuisine steeped in French & American tradition in the ambiance and charm of a small, original mining cabin. Reservations required.
Other Resources you may find useful
- CB Specialty Services: Crested Butte’s local concierge service ~ your 1-stop local source.
- Center for the Arts: The home for arts and culture in Crested Butte.
- Clark’s Market: Local grocery store located off 6th between Red Lady and Belleview.
- Crested Butte Catering: Event and wedding planning services, catering, and private chef services.
- Crested Butte Mountain Resort: Tickets, lessons, activities: everything you need to plan your day on the mountain, summer or winter!
- Crested Butte Nordic Center: Learn to cross country ski or snow shoe and explore the local trails in the Nordic Ski Capital of Colorado.
- Elevation Spa: Fitness center, tranquility rooms, steam, sauna, pool, and hot tub. Services include massages, facials, and body wraps. Gift certificates and customized personal, group and corporate spa packages available.
- Rocky Mountain Rolfing: Certified local rolfer addresses problems in your body through manipulation.
- Mountain Earth Organic Grocer: Organic groceries, natural health, beauty, and cleaning products at 405 4th Street in downtown Crested Butte.
- Sustainable Crested Butte: Encouraging sustainable choices. Information on the plastic bag ban, borrow a bag, and paper and plastic waste-free event supplies.
- Trailhead Children’s Museum: A fun place of discovery and learning for infants, toddlers and young children. Now located at 16 Sixth Street in Crested Butte.